Back to Work...

So, last night I went back to work after a couple of weeks off for the holidays. I had been tutoring throughout the break, several days a week. (Thank God for that, because I actually will be able to pay my bills in January.) But I hadn't taught a class for three weeks. Oddly, it felt as if I had been away for much longer.

I had mixed feelings about going back. For one, I had really hoped to be in a different job by now. I need this job--not only for the income, but because I need the health insurance. I guess I feel trapped. This does not make me a happy employee. On the other hand, I do enjoy the actual teaching part. I especially like the interactions with students and seeing them succeed and reach their goals. Still, I'm getting a little weary of teaching the same thing over and over. That's why I enjoyed the mentoring/observing and tutoring parts of my job. Sadly, the observation part of my job has been taken back by my new boss, and the company seems to be doing everything it can to make tutoring unbearable. *sigh*

Anyway, I continue to do the best I can for my students. I just hope that something new comes along soon.

posted under , , , , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
I write about whatever...life, education, diabetes, family, pets, church, God, and whatever else comes to mind.

    Some Things That Make Me Happy


    (1) learning
    (2) family
    (3) barney
    (4) food
    (5) school
    (6) music
    (7) adoption
    (8) Doctor Who
    (9) worship
    (10) baking
    (11) reading
    (12) Quantum Leap
    (13) chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
    (14) scrapbooking
    (15) cake decorating
    (16) Star Trek
    (17) Craig Ferguson
    (18) British TV
    (19) gooey butter cake
    (20) crunchy onions
    (21) traveling



Recent Comments