The Top 10 Best Things about Having Diabetes

Diabetes sucks. I hate having it. I hate the finger sticks, the medication, the (many) highs and the (not so many but really annoying) lows, and the fact that most people just think that all I have to do is avoid dessert. But the one thing that is true is that I have found a lot of supporters and people who know exactly what I am going through. On the Dear Janis message boards, someone posted this link.

I'm posting the list here--noting again that the list is not mine. Please do check out the article.

  • 10. Good with numbers.
  • 9. Creative.
  • 8. Technologically savvy.
  • 7. Nutritionally in the know.
  • 6. Supported by a built-in community.
  • 5. Benefit more from exercise.
  • 4. Quickly updated about lifestyle changes.
  • 3. Healthier.
  • 2. Well cared for.
  • 1. Self-aware.

For those of you who are diabetic, I hope the article gives you a little bit of motivation today. For those of you who aren't, I hope this helped you learn something you didn't know. :)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
I write about whatever...life, education, diabetes, family, pets, church, God, and whatever else comes to mind.

    Some Things That Make Me Happy


    (1) learning
    (2) family
    (3) barney
    (4) food
    (5) school
    (6) music
    (7) adoption
    (8) Doctor Who
    (9) worship
    (10) baking
    (11) reading
    (12) Quantum Leap
    (13) chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
    (14) scrapbooking
    (15) cake decorating
    (16) Star Trek
    (17) Craig Ferguson
    (18) British TV
    (19) gooey butter cake
    (20) crunchy onions
    (21) traveling



Recent Comments