A Busy Week

I have been busy, busy, busy lately and will try to catch you up.

As you know, I have been on jury duty since July the 25th. I am not thrilled about it, but it is not as bad as most people think. In fact, most people try to get out of it, so they don't know that it is truly not so bad.

Tuesday night was birthday guild at the Downtown Women's Center. The theme was "Birthday Magic." We decorated the room with top hats, magic wands, and playing cards. One of the volunteers even made a cake in the shape of a bunny. Overall, it came out really nice. It was a very nice party.

Wednesday night I had coffee with Lynette (OK, so it was iced tea) at the Starbucks at Barnes and Noble. She was in my youth group during that horrible year at VDC. Also, she was my grader at GAA during the next horrible year. Turns out that she is transferring to a college in San Francisco and is leaving in the next couple of weeks. We had a really nice talk and got to catch up. She's going to have a blast at USF.

Thursday night I went to the Hollywood Bowl. DWC got some tickets that they gave to the volunteers. The concert was American Classics--Copland, Gershwin, Bernstein--directed by Michael Tilson Thomas. Very nice.

So I'm managing to keep myself busy. I just wish some of these time-consuming endeavors would manage to make some money for me, but, oh well.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
I write about whatever...life, education, diabetes, family, pets, church, God, and whatever else comes to mind.

    Some Things That Make Me Happy


    (1) learning
    (2) family
    (3) barney
    (4) food
    (5) school
    (6) music
    (7) adoption
    (8) Doctor Who
    (9) worship
    (10) baking
    (11) reading
    (12) Quantum Leap
    (13) chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
    (14) scrapbooking
    (15) cake decorating
    (16) Star Trek
    (17) Craig Ferguson
    (18) British TV
    (19) gooey butter cake
    (20) crunchy onions
    (21) traveling



Recent Comments