Transformers (Movie Review)

Stephen, Chris, and I went to see Tranformers on July 4th. First of all, I don't know why we always end up going to see movies on their opening day or their opening weekend. Chris and I both hate the lines and the crowds. Besides, it's been terribly, terribly hot in L.A. for the past week or more, and we practically melted in the heat--despite the Ruby's milkshakes we bought beforehand.

The movie? I'll give it a D-. The special effects were the only thing that kept it from an F. I'll admit that I didn't watch this cartoon when it was on TV. But that was a cartoon, and this is a big-budget movie. Doesn't that mean that you are supposed to spend money on more than just the special effects? You know, things like a story line, good acting, and palatable dialogue? Honestly, this was a very, very bad movie that is going to make a ton of money despite itself. That was 3 hours of my life I'll never get back. Don't make the same mistake.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the warning,Kathy! I still have yet to see Fantastic Four. I do plan on it before it goes to DVD, though. Have you seen it? I'll let you know how it is when I do see it. Take Care

Judy

Empress KT said...

I haven't seen Fantastic Four. "The guys" saw it without me, and I'm not one to go to movies alone. It looks like a lot of fun, though.

Empress KT said...

Oh, by the way, thanks for visiting, Judy!

Empress KT said...

I found this review this morning. The author pretty much agrees with me.

http://www.nuttersmark.com/articles/2007/07/09/michael-bays-transformers-made-my-inner-child-cry

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Transformers, (but I have a sister 10 years younger than me, and we watched the cartoon ALL the time together).
And Fantastic Four was totally great...both worth seeing on the big screen!!
(heh heh!! not the first time we've disagreed Kathy... love you bunches anyway) HAHAHA! ;o)

The boy in the movie was in "Holes" and that girl in it was in "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" LOL !!! I thought they both were very impressive in their roles actually considering the last thing I'd ever seen them in.

Anywhooo...hello! Thought I'd stop by your blog since I hadn't done that yet.

~ Stephanie

Newer Post Older Post Home
I write about whatever...life, education, diabetes, family, pets, church, God, and whatever else comes to mind.

    Some Things That Make Me Happy


    (1) learning
    (2) family
    (3) barney
    (4) food
    (5) school
    (6) music
    (7) adoption
    (8) Doctor Who
    (9) worship
    (10) baking
    (11) reading
    (12) Quantum Leap
    (13) chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
    (14) scrapbooking
    (15) cake decorating
    (16) Star Trek
    (17) Craig Ferguson
    (18) British TV
    (19) gooey butter cake
    (20) crunchy onions
    (21) traveling



Recent Comments