How to Turn a Night Owl into an Early Bird


I'm NOT a morning person. I like sleeping in and staying up late. I love late night TV and cheesy reruns in the middle on the night. I like working until I'm tired and getting up when I'm ready to. If I had my way, I would do something that required an alarm clock maybe once or twice a week. Unfortunately, bills must be paid and the car requires gas. And, frankly, I do like my job. My students are pretty nice, and we're having a good quarter so far. I could just do without the 1-hour commute and the 7:30 am start time.

For the past month I've been trying to change my sleeping habits. I have been setting my alarm for an early hour and making plans to go to bed early. I have even gotten to the point where I stop working at either 10 or 11 every night. But I still haven't been able to manage falling asleep early, unless I'm so completely exhausted that I can't help it. And I still can't wake up early, except on the days that I have to go to work. On the nights before I have to go to work, I am so anxious about waking up on time that I can't sleep and end up getting only about 4 hours of sleep before I crawl out of bed. So when I come back home in the afternoon, I have to take a nap, which, of course, puts my timing off for my sleep time at night.

But I haven't given up. Every night I think, "Tomorrow is the day that I turn into a morning person." I'll let you know how it goes.

posted under , , , , , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
I write about whatever...life, education, diabetes, family, pets, church, God, and whatever else comes to mind.

    Some Things That Make Me Happy


    (1) learning
    (2) family
    (3) barney
    (4) food
    (5) school
    (6) music
    (7) adoption
    (8) Doctor Who
    (9) worship
    (10) baking
    (11) reading
    (12) Quantum Leap
    (13) chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
    (14) scrapbooking
    (15) cake decorating
    (16) Star Trek
    (17) Craig Ferguson
    (18) British TV
    (19) gooey butter cake
    (20) crunchy onions
    (21) traveling



Recent Comments