The Face of Grief

Grief is exhausting. Thank you to everyone who sent their condolences about the loss of my sweet Milo. It has been a very hard week for me. I stayed in bed for two days until I had to get up to teach a class. I have been back to bed on and off since then. I cried so much in the first 24 hours that I gave myself abrasions on my eyelids. I had to sleep with the windows open for several days, even when I was cold, because my bedroom smelled like dog. Yes, it has been hard. But I managed to get some work accomplished today, and I did go to school yesterday. (Oh, that was rough. My knees actually buckled when I walked in the door at home.) My eyelids are back to normal. Febreze appropriately directed does wonders. And there have been several of you...

So thank you especially to:

V for checking on me regularly and the cookie-baking session
P for calling and texting
M for the beautiful letter
R for letting me cry on your shoulder
T for understanding enough to let me off the hook tonight

...and to the rest of you who were so kind to me.

FYI, I am not going to answer any of the questions some of you asked. This is not something I want to discuss. And, no, I am not going to get another dog right away. I understand the reasoning when some of you have suggested this, but we all grieve differently. The next one will come along when the time is right, just as Ginger, Tim Tam, and Milo did. Until then, my arms will be empty. Again, thank you...

posted under , , , , |

1 comments:

HRH Princess KT said...

I knew I would forget someone...

S for putting yourself aside for a little while to care for me; and
S for taking me out to chipotle because you knew I hadn't eaten in 2 days.

I love you guys.

Newer Post Older Post Home
I write about whatever...life, education, diabetes, family, pets, church, God, and whatever else comes to mind.

    Some Things That Make Me Happy


    (1) learning
    (2) family
    (3) barney
    (4) food
    (5) school
    (6) music
    (7) adoption
    (8) Doctor Who
    (9) worship
    (10) baking
    (11) reading
    (12) Quantum Leap
    (13) chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
    (14) scrapbooking
    (15) cake decorating
    (16) Star Trek
    (17) Craig Ferguson
    (18) British TV
    (19) gooey butter cake
    (20) crunchy onions
    (21) traveling



Recent Comments