Interesting Education Idea

I've just been finding such interesting things lately!

I read this article about Texas schools that are creating ninth-grade only campuses. It's a really fascinating concept--sort-of like when we (at Alemany) decided to keep the freshmen out of the regular geometry classes because of the negative influence from the older students. (No, we didn't keep them from taking geometry; we just gave them their own class.)

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting idea. I'm not entirely sold on it, but I can definitely see the advantages. I wonder how they handle staffing, though.

Any thoughts?

I've been on a serious education kick lately. Beware if you see me in person! I may just tell you how I really feel about the educational system.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
I write about whatever...life, education, diabetes, family, pets, church, God, and whatever else comes to mind.

    Some Things That Make Me Happy


    (1) learning
    (2) family
    (3) barney
    (4) food
    (5) school
    (6) music
    (7) adoption
    (8) Doctor Who
    (9) worship
    (10) baking
    (11) reading
    (12) Quantum Leap
    (13) chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
    (14) scrapbooking
    (15) cake decorating
    (16) Star Trek
    (17) Craig Ferguson
    (18) British TV
    (19) gooey butter cake
    (20) crunchy onions
    (21) traveling



Recent Comments