Fearless Spirituality

Here's another This I Believe that I read today. This one makes me sad, though I completely understand where the writer is coming from. I know what it's like to serve God out of fear rather than love. And I definitely know what it's like to be judged by fellow church members to the point of having to walk away.

I'm glad that Paul Thorn has finally found a spirituality that works for him, one in which he can live without fear. It's very sad how Christians treated him. I hope that one day he realizes that though we wear the label of Christian, we're not always good at being a Christ-like as we should.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
I write about whatever...life, education, diabetes, family, pets, church, God, and whatever else comes to mind.

    Some Things That Make Me Happy


    (1) learning
    (2) family
    (3) barney
    (4) food
    (5) school
    (6) music
    (7) adoption
    (8) Doctor Who
    (9) worship
    (10) baking
    (11) reading
    (12) Quantum Leap
    (13) chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
    (14) scrapbooking
    (15) cake decorating
    (16) Star Trek
    (17) Craig Ferguson
    (18) British TV
    (19) gooey butter cake
    (20) crunchy onions
    (21) traveling



Recent Comments