40

So, as most of you know, I had a birthday last Thursday. It was a pretty significant one, so I thought I should post some thoughts.

First, I don't mind turning 40. I've been told numerous times that I look much younger. The night before my birthday my co-workers told me that I look like I'm in my late 20's. Sure, I wish that I had spent the day with the love of my life, but, hey, life happens.

Second, what I did. I went out to lunch with Stephen at Louise's Trattoria. I even had dessert. I haven't had dessert since I started going to the nutritionist. I had a nice goat cheese salad and a few bites of a chocolate cake/mousse dessert. YUM! After that, we went to the newly-renovated Griffith Observatory (). It's really nice and clean, and we had a good time. We were supposed to go see Craig Ferguson, but the tapings were cancelled because of the writers' strike. :(

Third, what I'm still doing. Most of you know that I was hoping to do something nice for the residents and day visitors of the Downtown Women's Center ( ). I didn't get as much response as I would have hoped, but I am still very grateful for the response that I did get. I'm still collecting women's clothes until the end of the month, so if you're interested, please let me know.

Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday greetings. You all made me very happy on my special day!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
I write about whatever...life, education, diabetes, family, pets, church, God, and whatever else comes to mind.

    Some Things That Make Me Happy


    (1) learning
    (2) family
    (3) barney
    (4) food
    (5) school
    (6) music
    (7) adoption
    (8) Doctor Who
    (9) worship
    (10) baking
    (11) reading
    (12) Quantum Leap
    (13) chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
    (14) scrapbooking
    (15) cake decorating
    (16) Star Trek
    (17) Craig Ferguson
    (18) British TV
    (19) gooey butter cake
    (20) crunchy onions
    (21) traveling



Recent Comments