Thanks, But . . .

Since I got in trouble earlier this month for responding to a forwarded email, I decided to do this in my own space.

Almost every day I receive a handful of emails from someone in my address book. It is someone I know that I have known for several years. The emails that I receive are varied. Sometimes they contain jokes, sometimes they contain inspiring stories, sometimes they contain interesting pictures. But these emails are consistently forwards that the sender feels the need to pass on.

I enjoy jokes, inspiring stories, and interesting pictures. However, what it obvious is that the person who consistently sends these to me is doing so with no thought about recipients. She does not edit or even consider to whom she is sending these things. So I will get several emails containing penis jokes, followed by several telling me to pass God's love to my friends. Then I will receive a slideshow of the most beautiful churches in the world, followed by a warning about eating chicken wings. (By the way, I used Snopes to look up that story about chicken wings, and the story is a hoax.)

I have forwarded emails in the past. I admit that I have made mistakes when it comes to forwarded emails. But I have learned from my mistakes. I forward emails to people who will enjoy or gain some benefit from what I am sending them. I use my mind and my discernment rather than just filling up my contacts' mailboxes with a bunch of junk.

I may end up having to report my "friend" as a professional spammer if she can't figure out how to self-edit. *sigh*

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
I write about whatever...life, education, diabetes, family, pets, church, God, and whatever else comes to mind.

    Some Things That Make Me Happy


    (1) learning
    (2) family
    (3) barney
    (4) food
    (5) school
    (6) music
    (7) adoption
    (8) Doctor Who
    (9) worship
    (10) baking
    (11) reading
    (12) Quantum Leap
    (13) chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
    (14) scrapbooking
    (15) cake decorating
    (16) Star Trek
    (17) Craig Ferguson
    (18) British TV
    (19) gooey butter cake
    (20) crunchy onions
    (21) traveling



Recent Comments