Dishonesty Is Alive and Well and Living in Our Schools

I was not at all surprised by the results of a study recently conducted by the Josephson Institute. You can read about the study here. According to the study,

In the past year, 30 percent of U.S. high school students have stolen from a store and 64 percent have cheated on a test.


Sadly, this is not news to me. After all, I DID used to teach high school.

These days, I spend a lot of time emphasizing how paranoid test administrators are about people cheating. My students are always amazed at all of the restrictions and hoops that they are made to jump through in order to minimize cheating. I guess GRE and GMAT administrators have a reason to expect cheating?

So sad . . .

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
I write about whatever...life, education, diabetes, family, pets, church, God, and whatever else comes to mind.

    Some Things That Make Me Happy


    (1) learning
    (2) family
    (3) barney
    (4) food
    (5) school
    (6) music
    (7) adoption
    (8) Doctor Who
    (9) worship
    (10) baking
    (11) reading
    (12) Quantum Leap
    (13) chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
    (14) scrapbooking
    (15) cake decorating
    (16) Star Trek
    (17) Craig Ferguson
    (18) British TV
    (19) gooey butter cake
    (20) crunchy onions
    (21) traveling



Recent Comments