The Perfect Party

September 15th, 2008, was my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. I can't imagine being married that long (and at my age, I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen to me). My sisters and I have been planning a party for them for a few months, and the party took place this past Monday. It was as close to perfect as we could have hoped.

The party took place on a Monday night, because my parents got married on a Monday night at a wedding chapel in L.A. We held the party at The Maxwell House, on the grounds of the Western Justice Center in Pasadena. The facility is gorgeous, and it was just perfect for our needs. The employees are very helpful, too.

Our caterer was Bistro 45, and we made the right choice. The food was fantastic, and the servers they hired were amazing.

Virna and her mom did the flowers, and they were absolutely gorgeous.

We kept the guest list small--there were fewer than 60 guests; we hoped to have an intimate dinner with old friends. This we were able to accomplish. All but one of the wedding party attended. (We weren't able to locate the last person; I think he lives in the Philippines.) The guests ate, talked, looked at pictures, and told stories. Auntie Daisy defied Hurricane Ike and arrived from the airport just as the party was starting. The Olivas drove in from Las Vegas, and the Napoleses came from Bakersfield.

Overall, it was everything we hoped for. We had a marvelous time, and, I hope, so did everyone else.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
I write about whatever...life, education, diabetes, family, pets, church, God, and whatever else comes to mind.

    Some Things That Make Me Happy


    (1) learning
    (2) family
    (3) barney
    (4) food
    (5) school
    (6) music
    (7) adoption
    (8) Doctor Who
    (9) worship
    (10) baking
    (11) reading
    (12) Quantum Leap
    (13) chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
    (14) scrapbooking
    (15) cake decorating
    (16) Star Trek
    (17) Craig Ferguson
    (18) British TV
    (19) gooey butter cake
    (20) crunchy onions
    (21) traveling



Recent Comments