And It Goes On and On My Friends . . . (NYC 2)

I must have been more tired than I thought, because I managed to sleep in Saturday morning. I wasn't planning to, but I underestimated how tired I was and the power of blackout curtains. I had hoped to spend the morning with the Chans, but that didn't work out. I was pretty disappointed about that, but I guess I needed the rest. I spent the morning getting ready for the big wedding and figuring out how to get there.

I left my hotel room at around 12:30 and headed to the subway station. It was not a long walk, and the streets were busy with tourists. I was happy to discover that I didn't even have to transfer, as I had expected, and I even helped a man buy his metro card. I took the A Train straight to Brooklyn. The train was crowded through Manhattan, but it got much less crowded as we got closer to Brooklyn. I arrived with no trouble and walked the several blocks to the event venue.

I got to the community garden early, but it allowed me to help out Tanya a bit, so she could go get ready for the wedding. She and her crew (Uncle and I'm not sure who else) had already done a great job at making the place look pretty, so I just did some finishing touches with someone named Simona. My sister and family arrived after a little while, and we caught up on things. My relatives (Auntie, Uncle, and Tanya) seemed surprised that I was there, but they were really, really surprised to see Cha, Ed, and Annie.

The wedding ended up being really nice, though it started a lot later than anticipated. My relatives were really happy that there was family in attendance. I think especially Auntie was happy about that. Kiana and Billy's wedding was, of course, non-traditional. It was short on ceremony and long on party, but it fit them perfectly. It was a beautiful wedding, and it was a lot of fun, too. The weather could not have been better, and I only got three mosquito bites out of it all. I'm really happy for all three of them, and I know they already are a beautiful family.

Ed and Cha decided to drive me back to my hotel, even though it was a long drive. They were staying in Brooklyn. We got lost a bit, but I finally made it back to the Flatotel and my hard bed. I hadn't eaten much all day, so I considered going back outside to find some food. In the end, I decided to order room service so that I could eat on my bed in front of the TV. It was a good decision. :)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
I write about whatever...life, education, diabetes, family, pets, church, God, and whatever else comes to mind.

    Some Things That Make Me Happy


    (1) learning
    (2) family
    (3) barney
    (4) food
    (5) school
    (6) music
    (7) adoption
    (8) Doctor Who
    (9) worship
    (10) baking
    (11) reading
    (12) Quantum Leap
    (13) chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
    (14) scrapbooking
    (15) cake decorating
    (16) Star Trek
    (17) Craig Ferguson
    (18) British TV
    (19) gooey butter cake
    (20) crunchy onions
    (21) traveling



Recent Comments