Tim Tam!












I thought it was time for me to post pictures of my dog, Tim Tam. He was adopted on March 17, 2007, from the Ventura County Animal Shelter. These pictures were taken on Sunday, July 8, 2007.

People always ask me what kind of dog he is. The answer is that I don't know. The people at the shelter told me that he is an Australian shepherd. But I think he's way too big to be an Aussie. When I got him, he weighed 100 pounds. I think he's lost some weight since then. From my limited research, I think I have figured out that he is part golden retriever and part great Pyrenees. The name for the hybrid is golden Pyrenees. I don't know if that's what he really is, but he looks like it.

The next question people ask me is how old he is. Again, I don't know. He was found wandering in a field somewhere in Ventura County. The shelter staff referred to him as "The Old Guy," so I'm assuming he's a senior citizen (for a dog). That's actually one reason I ended up with Tim Tam, rather than some other dog. People who go to shelters are often looking for puppies, and not very many people were even looking at Tim Tam. The doctor thinks he is maybe 8 to 10 years old.

The third question people ask is where did his name come from? My SCC board friends will know. But for the rest of you, Tim Tams are Australian biscuit/cookie things that are covered in chocolate and are undescribably wonderful. (This was when I thought I was getting an Australian shepherd.) If you have never had one, run out to your nearest World Market and find something called Arnott's Biscuits. That's what they're called here--I don't know why.





I have about a million more things to say about my dog, but I will save those for another time.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
I write about whatever...life, education, diabetes, family, pets, church, God, and whatever else comes to mind.

    Some Things That Make Me Happy


    (1) learning
    (2) family
    (3) barney
    (4) food
    (5) school
    (6) music
    (7) adoption
    (8) Doctor Who
    (9) worship
    (10) baking
    (11) reading
    (12) Quantum Leap
    (13) chocolate Irish cream cheesecake
    (14) scrapbooking
    (15) cake decorating
    (16) Star Trek
    (17) Craig Ferguson
    (18) British TV
    (19) gooey butter cake
    (20) crunchy onions
    (21) traveling



Recent Comments